I teach Yoga, Pilates, Zumba and Meditation. I adore teaching energetic, dynamic classes. That said, much of my work has been dedicated to the therapeutic aspects of Yoga. I began studying Pilates because it has a core-focus and a therapeutic approach to movement that beautifully compliments my existing Yoga practice.
Because of my studies in Yoga Therapy and Pilates, I am able to help people privately to work on their injuries and conditions. Publicly, I am able to help people join dynamic classes while still taking care of themselves.
My classes are a playful blend of creative sequencing, intelligent alignment, mindful presence, and body-awareness meditation. The mixture of structure and joyful movement encourages safety and skillfulness, as well as freedom and expression. My mission is to get us all to move, have fun, find our joy, and feel connected and smart.
I am lucky beyond measure to have had so many great teachers. I have been profoundly touched by Amy Matthews and Roxlyn Moret who are continuing the rich work of Bonnie Bainbridge-Cohen and infusing it with their own love and understanding. Kelly Kane, Founder of the Kane school with her hilarious yet brilliant knowledge and insight always makes me feel free to be me. Lucky indeed!
Other teachers who have particularly touched me are: Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen, Genny Kapuler, Erich Schiffmann, Shiva Rea, Dharma Mittra, Mukunda Stiles, and Ellen Saltonstall.
I have continued my education in many modalities and have studied with a variety teachers. Below is an outline of my work and study.
• Teaching Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga since 2002
• July 2011, April 2012, March 2013, March 2014 Co-teaching MangOh Yoga 200-hour Teacher Training
• February 2014: Pilates for Buff Bones(TM) Safe Pilates for Osteoperosis, Great workout for EVERYONE http://www.incorporatingmovement.com/buffBones.html
• January 2014 Zumba Gold License
• December 2013 Kane School: Wonky Bodies: Therapeutic Approaches for Hypermobility
• September 2013 Barefoot RX: How Foot Problems Relate to Body Pain
• August 2013 Breathing Project: Dynamics of Observation
• April 2013 Zumba License
• June 2012 – Sept 2012 Kane School Comprehensive Mat Pilates Certification
• May 2012 OM Yoga 500-hour Teacher Training, Vinyasa
• July 2011 Senses & Perception, School of Body-Mind Centering (TM)
• Dec 2010 Embodied Anatomy Program at BMC(TM)
• June 2009 International Yoga Therapy Conference at Pure Yoga, NYC
• April 2009 Yoga-Based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Anxiety, IYI
• February 2009 Meditation retreat at Insight Meditation Society, Barre, MA
• June 2008 B Yoga NYC: Prenatal Yoga Training
• February 2008 Body-Mind Centering: Vertebral Movement Patterns
• January 2008 Body-Mind Centering: Pre-Vertebral Movement Patterns
• June 2006 – Feb 2007 Phoenix Rising Level III and Therapist Certification
• May 2006 Body-Mind Centering: Ligamentous System
• June 2005 Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy Level 2
• January 2005 Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy Level 1
• October 2004 Omega Yoga Conference, NYC
• June 2004 Thai Yoga Massage training program
• April 2004 Shambhala Meditation Program
• 2003 – 2009: Private Study with Mentor
• 2002 Certified at Atmananda Yoga and Holistic Center, New York, NY