My classes are a playful blend of creative sequencing, intelligent alignment, mindful presence, and body-awareness meditation. The mixture of structure and joyful movement encourages safety and skillfullness, as well as freedom and expression. My mission is to get us all to move, have fun, find our joy, and feel connected and smart.
I am lucky beyond measure to have had so many great teachers. I have been profoundly touched by Amy Matthews and Roxlyn Moret who are continuing the rich work of Bonnie Bainbridge-Cohen and infusing it with their own love and understanding. Most recently, Cyndi Lee of OM Yoga has been my primary teacher—she is a joyful, childlike bodhisattva if there ever was one, dropping wisdom bombs when we least expect it. Lucky indeed!
Other teachers who have particularly touched me are: Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen, Genny Kapuler, Erich Schiffmann, Shiva Rea, Dharma Mittra, Mukunda Stiles, and Ellen Saltonstall.
I have continued my education in many modalities and have studied with a variety teachers. Below is an outline of my work and study.
• Teaching Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga since 2002
• July 2011, April 2012 Co-teaching MangOh Yoga 200-hour Teacher Training
• June 2012 – Sept 2012 Kane School Comprehensive Mat Pilates Certification
• May 2012 OM Yoga 500-hour Teacher Training, Vinyasa
• July 2011 Senses & Perception, School of Body-Mind Centering (TM)
• Dec 2010 Embodied Anatomy Program at BMC(TM)
• June 2009 International Yoga Therapy Conference at Pure Yoga, NYC
• April 2009 Yoga-Based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Anxiety, IYI
• February 2009 Meditation retreat at Insight Meditation Society, Barre, MA
• June 2008 B Yoga NYC: Prenatal Yoga Training
• February 2008 Body-Mind Centering: Vertebral Movement Patterns
• January 2008 Body-Mind Centering: Pre-Vertebral Movement Patterns
• June 2006 – Feb 2007 Phoenix Rising Level III and Therapist Certification
• May 2006 Body-Mind Centering: Ligamentous System
• June 2005 Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy Level 2
• January 2005 Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy Level 1
• October 2004 Omega Yoga Conference, NYC
• June 2004 Thai Yoga Massage training program
• April 2004 Shambhala Meditation Program
• 2003 – 2009: Private Study with Mentor
• 2002 Certified at Atmananda Yoga and Holistic Center, New York, NY